young ExamplesEN[jʌŋ] [-ʌŋ]
- Examples of young
- He's a promising young go-getter, but he needs to learn some things about office politics.
- [ … ] the Schoenberg is irresistible to young hearts in their initial grapplings with great questions of life, death, love and suffering.
- but did you ever hear of a young man, who becomes a millionaire in the approved style, starting life on a farm, studying by the light of a tallow dip, and coming to the city with forty-five cents and a ham sandwich
- That evening, many hundreds of men gathered on the streets and on a grandstand to sing for the groom, who with other young Jewish men formed a circle and held hands to dance the horah.
- Examples of youngs
- Examples of younger
- Fred gave his younger brother a five minute head start in the Easter egg hunt.
- I used to knock about with John when we were younger.
- John and I used to knock about when we were younger.
- I was really struck by how many of the bishoujo cliches it managed to bring up. We already have the older sister, younger sister, childhood friend, and exotic transfer student. We have a genki girl, a ditzy girl, a hime-sama, and a meido.
- Messengers are big fixie aficionados, but more and more fixed-gear bikes are being ridden by nonmessengers, most conspicuously the kind of younger people to whom the term “hipster” applies and who emanate from certain neighborhoods in Brooklyn.
- The younger people had their berrying frolics, sleigh-rides, kitchen dances, nuttings, and the like, and their elders their huskings, apple bees, and sewing societies, but against all these the deacon set his hard face.
- What is striking about the self portrait is that the patient had pictured herself as a much younger woman
- Like most people my self-image is much younger than my age; the fact that I'm getting old hasn't quite sunk in yet.
- She was a Las Vegas showgirl when she was younger.
- Frozen at the age he was when vampiredom was thrust upon him (in the great influenza epidemic of 1918), Edward is now eternally a younger man, while Jake’s 16 and holding.
- Examples of younged
- Medicare data was "younged" by a month to achieve conformity with the conventional completed ages recorded in the census.
- Shoshonitic magmatism younged southwards in the Superior Province, commensurate with the southwardly diachronous accretion of allochthonous subprovinces.
- Examples of younging
- The aging (or younging) of a population refers to the fact that a population, as a unit of observation, is getting older (or younger).
- Where well preserved, the pillows show cuspate lower boundaries and lobate upper contacts, defining stratigraphic younging (Fig. 3 E).
- Examples of youngest
- John's youngest is doing well at school. He's a bit of a bright spark, isn't he?
- My youngest child is forty-three.
- He is a curly-haired schoolboy barely in his teens, but 13-year-old Jordan Romero from California has become the youngest person to climb Mount Everest.
- The traditional Thai greeting, the wai, is generally offered first by the youngest of the two people meeting, with their hands pressed together, fingertips pointing upwards as the head is bowed to touch their face to the hands.
- The most common symptom is a mild mottle on the youngest leaves of infected plants.
- Elsewhere, many of the youngest volcanic plains units onlap tesserae at crustal plateau boundaries.
- Their youngest son always put up a fight when it was bedtime.
- I may be the youngest in my family but I still resent being referred to as the baby.
Examples of young in a Sentence