winter ExamplesEN[ˈwɪntə(ɹ)] [ˈwɪntɚ] [ˈwɪɾ̃ɚ] [-ɪntə(r)]
US, the first one
- Examples of winter
- After a long, cold winter, the trees finally began to produce buds.
- Whoever shall sell sheep, let him be answerable for three diseases (scab and rot and red water) until they receive their fill three times of the new grass in spring, if after the calends of winter he sells them. — Arthur Wade-Evans, Welsh Medieval Law
- It was the killing of Cupcake, a border collie mix, in a conibear trap last winter that first spurred the anti-trapping campaign here.
- My health declined in winter.
- But once you've tasted the sweet flesh of a delicata or slipped the strands of a spaghetti squash out of its shell, you'll never again regard winter squash as merely an agricultural art piece.
- in the depths of winter
- in the depths of winter.
- Enclosure led to fuller winter employment in hedging and ditching.
- But the country [Mongolia] is currently experiencing a "dzud" – when a summer drought followed by a severe winter decimates the grazing areas.
- Examples of winters
- “The tradecraft of the modern-day special operator, parachuting into the Hindu Kush after the Taliban ,” echoes “the efforts of men from a preindustrial community struggling through New England winters on hickory and deergut snowshoes,” Ross writes.
- The three U.S. states on the west coast have favorable climates (i.e., warm winters and cool summers ).
- Vahag lives in the Ararat plain, where it is very hot in summers and cold in winters.
- Examples of wintering
- An even more important reason for the primary is that by "summering and wintering" these candidates, New Hampshire people, as representatives of the nation ....
Examples of winter in a Sentence