white ExamplesEN[waɪt] [ʍaɪt] [-aɪt]
- Examples of white
- They pass through a cleft that has been made across a low range of hills, like a kerf in the top of a log, and enter into a lovely territory of subtly swelling emerald green fields strewn randomly with small white capsules that he takes to be sheep.
- He would as soon have thought of wearing a white linen shirt or having the lairdship of a barony, as of getting ham to his breakfast.
- The long history of the past does not lend itself to a simple black and white interpretation.
- Many of the lumberjacking memories have faded to black and white, the brightest moments colored mostly by Jim McKay’s yellow blazer.
- Sorry for pouring ketchup on your clean white shirt! - Oh, don't worry, it does not matter.
- She accuses him of having a thing for white girls, which really sets him off — and Tomine takes voyeuristic delight in capturing every gruesome facial expression of a couple in midargument.
- The adult white-collared manakin has a black crown, wings and tail, and a black band across the midback.
- Examples of whites
- unwhisked egg whites
- Bernard Cosman found that in Georgia, it was the black belt whites who gave Goldwater his largest percentage of the vote.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- There were no signs and no one quite knew how to navigate the museum, including, as it was Fleet Week, gaggles of boyish sailors all in their summer whites. It looked like a Frank Sinatra movie.
- During the 1960s, some Georgians opposed the intermarriage of blacks and whites.
- Mix the egg whites until they are stiff.
- The chef prepared to whisk the egg whites for the angel's food cake.
- The Indian may go off the reservation, he can steal from the whites and run back to the reservation with impunity.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer or a whisk until stiff peaks form, but do not overbeat.
- Examples of whiter
- IV A lovely Ladie[*] rode him faire beside, Upon a lowly Asse more white then snow, Yet she much whiter, but the same did hide 30 Under a vele, that wimpled was full low, And over all a blacke stole she did throw, As one that inly mournd: so was she sad, And heavie sat upon her palfrey slow; Seemed in heart some hidden care she had, 35 And by her in a line a milke white lambe she lad.
- Examples of whiting
- Whiting takes the language of "enlightened" (noncorporal) methods of disciplining children and turns it into a Kafkaesque nightmare of ambiguous threats, disorienting double messages, and absurd lures as the goal of making the boy apologize becomes absorbed into the family members' struggle for authority and justification.
Examples of white in a Sentence