white ExamplesEN[waɪt] [ʍaɪt] [-aɪt]
- Examples of white
- It had a white-stork look.
- She turned chalkily white on hearing the bad news.
- I'll believe that when I see it in black and white.
- This film was shot in black and white.
- to watch color films in black and white
- He was charged with a hate crime, because the attack by a white man on the black man was deemed to be racially motivated.
- The shells we found on the beach were varyingly white, pink, and pale yellow.
- Examples of whites
- beat the egg whites until they are stiff
- unwhisked egg whites
- Bernard Cosman found that in Georgia, it was the black belt whites who gave Goldwater his largest percentage of the vote.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- There were no signs and no one quite knew how to navigate the museum, including, as it was Fleet Week, gaggles of boyish sailors all in their summer whites. It looked like a Frank Sinatra movie.
- During the 1960s, some Georgians opposed the intermarriage of blacks and whites.
- Mix the egg whites until they are stiff.
- The chef prepared to whisk the egg whites for the angel's food cake.
- The Indian may go off the reservation, he can steal from the whites and run back to the reservation with impunity.
- Examples of whiter
- IV A lovely Ladie[*] rode him faire beside, Upon a lowly Asse more white then snow, Yet she much whiter, but the same did hide 30 Under a vele, that wimpled was full low, And over all a blacke stole she did throw, As one that inly mournd: so was she sad, And heavie sat upon her palfrey slow; Seemed in heart some hidden care she had, 35 And by her in a line a milke white lambe she lad.
- Examples of whiting
- Whiting takes the language of "enlightened" (noncorporal) methods of disciplining children and turns it into a Kafkaesque nightmare of ambiguous threats, disorienting double messages, and absurd lures as the goal of making the boy apologize becomes absorbed into the family members' struggle for authority and justification.
Examples of white in a Sentence