- Examples of whale
- The whale sounded and eight hundred feet of heavy line streaked out of the line tub before he ended his dive.
- The spoutings of a large whale can be seen from a great distance.
- The sperm whale is a toothed whale.
- Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. — Herman Melville.
- "[...] that unnearable spout was cast by one selfsame whale..." Herman Melville, Moby-Dick, chapter LI.
- A whale is, loosely, maybe very loosely, a fish.
- Examples of whales
- The tour promised spiritual experiences with humpback whales and other cetaceans, but all we saw were seagulls and a dead sea otter.
- Marine scientists will plumb the Arctic Ocean and productive waters around Antarctica to see how shifts in sea ice and ocean currents affect species from clouds of shrimplike krill to whales, penguins and polar bears.
- Before the beachings, he notes, his team had spotted about 50 of the unusual Cuvier's beaked whales in the study area.
- Sperm whales and dolphins are odontocetes.
Examples of whales in a Sentence