- Examples of whale
- Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. — Herman Melville.
- "[...] that unnearable spout was cast by one selfsame whale..." Herman Melville, Moby-Dick, chapter LI.
- A whale is, loosely, maybe very loosely, a fish.
- “You have probably never seen anything like this before, Mr. Toler. It is baleen, or if you prefer it, whalebone, taken from the mouth of the bowhead whale. It is used by the whale to filter its food.”
- the biology of the whale
- Bone-eating snot flower (Osedax mucofloris) is the unglamorous name given to a species of worm discovered feeding off minke whale carcasses in the North Sea
- Examples of whales
- The tour promised spiritual experiences with humpback whales and other cetaceans, but all we saw were seagulls and a dead sea otter.
- Marine scientists will plumb the Arctic Ocean and productive waters around Antarctica to see how shifts in sea ice and ocean currents affect species from clouds of shrimplike krill to whales, penguins and polar bears.
- Before the beachings, he notes, his team had spotted about 50 of the unusual Cuvier's beaked whales in the study area.
- Sperm whales and dolphins are odontocetes.
Examples of whales in a Sentence