- Examples of whale
- “You have probably never seen anything like this before, Mr. Toler. It is baleen, or if you prefer it, whalebone, taken from the mouth of the bowhead whale. It is used by the whale to filter its food.”
- the biology of the whale
- Bone-eating snot flower (Osedax mucofloris) is the unglamorous name given to a species of worm discovered feeding off minke whale carcasses in the North Sea
- the gradual prolongings of the whale's visible jets — Herman Melville.
- Nowe what sharke Or wyde-mouth'd whale shall swallowe upp my budgett, May it at th'instant choake him!
- A female blue whale may produce a specific power of up to 16 kilowatts per tonne when sprinting.
- Examples of whales
- The tour promised spiritual experiences with humpback whales and other cetaceans, but all we saw were seagulls and a dead sea otter.
- Marine scientists will plumb the Arctic Ocean and productive waters around Antarctica to see how shifts in sea ice and ocean currents affect species from clouds of shrimplike krill to whales, penguins and polar bears.
- Before the beachings, he notes, his team had spotted about 50 of the unusual Cuvier's beaked whales in the study area.
- Sperm whales and dolphins are odontocetes.
- Examples of whaling
- Look at it this way: when a country like Norway, which has a foreign policy that is as fairminded and morally commendable as any other country, stubbornly refuses to obey the policies recommended by the international whaling regime, we can be pretty sure that the assumption of fairminded preferences does not hold universally.
- There was a miniature of a whaling ship in a glass bottle over the mantlepiece.
- The wrench wouldn’t budge, even though Tony was just whaling on it with a big old sledge hammer.
Examples of whale in a Sentence