various ExamplesEN[ˈvɛəɹiəs] [ˈvɛɹiəs] [-ɛəriəs]
US US US
- Examples of various
- Suppose two powerful, industrialized countries, called Usonia and Russonia, compete by mean of capital exports and other forms of "aid" for influence in various underdeveloped countries, typified by Thirdonia.
- He would have been lonely but for the comradeships of the various clubs to which he belonged.
- The various intermixings of natives, immigrants, and tourists gave the city a cosmopolitan air.
- A prime object of that attention was a recording of Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto in E minor with Herbert von Karajan and the Berlin Philharmonic from 1980 (Deutsche Grammophon, now in various CD packagings).
- One need only think of various Eastern pantheisms in the Hindu, Buddhist, and Taoist traditions or of the Western pantheisms associated with negative theology.
- There are various signages at the park entrance, and other places within the park.
- He employed his physician, Judah Morea, one of these converts, to draw up the famous astronomical tables, commonly called the Alphonsin; and likewise enjoined upon him the task of translating various Arabian treatises into Castilian.
Examples of various in a Sentence