treatEN[tɹit] [tɹiʔ(t̚)] [t͡ʃɹiʔ(t̚)] [-iːt]
- Examples of treat
- Levadex is an new inhaled version of dihydroergotamine, a drug used intravenously to treat migraines.
- The author is less inclined than Jung to treat freedom as an ideological illusion or false consciousness.
- The man was unconscious, but the paramedics had his implied consent to treat him.
- Dr. Hofmann’s work produced other important drugs, including methergine, used to treat postpartum hemorrhaging, the leading cause of death from childbirth.
- Tamoxifen , used to treat breast cancer, will be offered for $9 for a 30-day supply, as will combination estrogen/methyltestosterone tablets, prescribed for menopause and hormone deficiency.
- Certain drugs such as modafinil, used to treat narcolepsy, have been shown to improve cognition and are becoming increasingly popular with students revising for exams.
- The latest developments in drugs to treat patients with bipolar disorders have given many a new lease on life.
- Lucentis, also called ranibizumab, is approved to treat age-related macular degeneration, the leading cause of blindness in the elderly.
- People should treat their spouses with respect.
- Examples of treats
- Women, a little bit more than men, are cravers of treats, [ … ]
- Should I decide if and when you should cum, You will ejaculate into an ice cube tray to be frozen for your "cumsicle treats" for future calls.
- Mr. Butler, the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of “A Good Scent from a Strange Mountain,” treats his newest novelistic conceit as an occasion to toss every possible ingredient into a fanciful hellscape and then let these elements run wild.
- However, even “literary” science fiction rarely qualifies as literature, because it treats characters as sets of traits rather than as fully realized human beings with unique life stories. —Adam Cadre, 2008
- Rattle the can of cat treats if you need to find Fluffy.
- I have a sweet tooth: I love sugary treats.
- Cicero's writing treats mainly of old age and personal duty.
- The second Book is divided into eight Chapters, treats of the origin of the Greek Characters, and changes that happen'd in them, to the fourth Century of the common Era.
- Examples of treated
- We report the unusual case of a patient with an indirect carotid-cavernous fistula treated with only partial angiographic embolisation of the fistula; however, by 8 weeks postembolisation, she was found to have both symptomatic and angiographic cure.
- The cells were then treated with Oligonol at subtoxic concentrations and examined for lipid metabolism, cytokine production, and insulin signaling using quantitative RT-PCR and western blot analysis.
- Compared with vehicle-treated controls, rapamycin protected against the tau-induced neuronal loss, synaptotoxicity, reactive microgliosis and astrogliosis, and activation of innate neuroimmunity.
- To investigate the mechanism why cholestasis may affect HSC activation, we treated primary HSCs with one of the hydrophobic bile acids, taurolithocholic acid (TLCA) (Sigma) for 24 hours.
- Cells were permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 in PBS for 5 minutes at room temperature; unpermeablized cells were treated with PBS alone.
- An environment department spokeswoman said: “The crocodile, which endured confinement in the unpressurised hold, was treated and given a new home with a licensed wildlife demonstrated but recently died.”
- Examples of treating
- Corpses, treatment of.—A solution of myrrhic resin is obtained by treating powdered myrrh [ …]
- A major factor is that a review in 2004 of 15 years’ experience in treating resistant tuberculosis at National Jewish found that “the most important single variable we had associated with favorable outcome was resectional surgery.”
- While the drug is approved for use in treating stomach cancer, many doctors prescribe it off label for other cancers as well.
- “I can’t imagine that you would be treating people prophylactically yet,” said Dr. Timothy J. Gardner, the president of the American Heart Association .
- Dave! Long time no hear! How has Boston been treating you?
- Dave! Long time no see! How’s Boston been treating you?
- After returning from their Halloween trick-or-treating, the kids settled down to enjoy their booty of candies.
- ... positing a dyad and constructing the infinite out of great and small, instead of treating the infinite as one, is peculiar to him; ...
- The greatest difficulty lies in treating patients with chronic pain.
- The most common nonbiologic DMARD is methotrexate, which represented the gold standard for treating RA patients until the production of biological agents.
Examples of treat in a Sentence