- Examples of toxin
- The antidote neutralised the toxin.
- Eyelid specific treatments for hidrocystomas have included carbon dioxide vaporization, electrosurgery, hyfrecation, botulinum toxin, and intralesional tricholoroacetic acid injection.
- By contrast, BSSG-fed animals were found to display and increase in immunolabeling for Grp78, with significantly higher immunodensity at 8 and 10 months following initial toxin exposure, relative to controls.
- In addition, PASS2 also lacks genes for the production of paerucumarin (PA2254-PA2257), chitinase (PA2300), and AMB toxin (PA2302-PA2306).
- This toxin was also shown to increase cellular calcium concentration in the human promyelotic line HL-60 [57 ].
- T-2 toxin ingestion results in a severe irritation of the upper digestive tract, including a hemorrhagic ruminitis, due to its cytotoxic effects.
- UMAF0158 has a gene cluster resembling that of the production of syringolin A (PSYRMG_24250–24275), a toxin that has been shown to counteract stomatal innate immunity in beans and Arabidopsis [84 ].
- Examples of toxins
- Electronic cigarettes, battery-powered devices that convert a solution of nicotine and other chemicals into a vapor that can be inhaled, or "vaped," have the potential to wean a vast number of smokers off cigarettes. [ …] The problem is, not enough smokers are switching to e-cigarettes, despite their relative safety – and understandably so. Smokers are barraged with news about inaccurate labeling, shoddy counterfeits and poorly made e-cigarettes that emit toxins and cancer-causing chemicals in vapor.
- Neuronal cell entry of BoNT/A followed by entry of BoNT/E was further demonstrated by sequentially exposing hemidiaphragm muscle preparations and selectively blocking BoNT/A with 3,4-DAP. This resulted in a recovery similar to BoNT/A and not BoNT/E, confirming sequential cell entry of the toxins [18 ].
- Exposure of gill cells to algal extracts, brevetoxins and PST toxins was for 2 hrs, and to karlotoxin for 2, 3, 4 and 5 hrs.
- PST toxins, gonyautoxins 1 and 4 (GTX1&4-c), N-sulfocarbamoyl-gonyautoxin 2 and 3 (C1&C2-b) and saxitoxin (STX-f) (National Research Council Canada), were tested at varying concentrations.
Examples of toxin in a Sentence