thirdEN[θɜː(ɹ)d] [θɝd] [tɜjd] [-ɜː(ɹ)d]
- Examples of third
- The third molar tooth erupts late in most people, and sometimes does not appear at all.
- Moore said Lemaire used centres more like third defencemen, while Leaf coach Ron Wilson likes his centres to forecheck.
- That's the third party Brenda's been to this week. She certainly gets about.
- You get off the train at the third stop.
- Our team went out in the third round.
- I'm sure he's off having a wank for the third time in the past hour.
- My boss must really have it in for me; that was the third lecture this week!
- That's the third guy that has hit on her tonight.
- With his third novel he finally hit paydirt and wrote a bestseller.
- Examples of thirds
- BREWERS 3, PHILLIES 2 Ben Sheets (4-2) struck out eight in seven and two-thirds innings, and Gabe Gross hit two bases-empty home runs for the first multihomer game of his career to help visiting Milwaukee end a four-game losing streak.
- As an example, let us take a ratio which is two-thirds of a quadruple. Since 2 is the numerator, we shall have one-third of a quadruple ratio squared, namely a sedecuple ratio.
- He ate a third of the pie. Divided by two-thirds.
- They sing in thirds.
- An eclipse of eight digits is one which hides two thirds of the diameter of the disk.
- Two-thirds of local recurrences after surgery occur at the anastomosis (of these 60 % were posterior, 20 % anterior, and 15 % lateral), 17 % in the retrovesical space, 10 % in the bladder neck and 10 % elsewhere [ 6 ].
Examples of third in a Sentence