- Examples of tearing
- a tearing hurry
- You don't want to hurt me, but see how deep the bullet lies. Unaware that I'm tearing you asunder. There is thunder in our hearts.
- He came tearing around the corner like a bat out of hell and nearly ran us over.
- As our object was rather to enjoy the music of the chase, than to capture the deer, they shouted and hallooed as he entered the water, and he wheeled back, and went tearing in huge affright through the woods, up the island again.
- It behooves any revolutionaries, educational or other, to consider all problems and consequences before they start tearing up the social pea patch.
- Sectionalism is tearing the country apart. Everyone wants the other regions to do the work and pay the taxes while they reap the benefits.
- The dog did not eat my sandwich. It was in a bag. If he had eaten my sandwich, there'd be shrapnel all over the place from him tearing open the bag.
- He went tearing down the hill at 90 miles per hour.
- The tornado lingered, tearing through town, leaving nothing upright.
- Oh, Oh! The cotton Lords are tearing!
Examples of tearing in a Sentence