summer ExamplesEN[ˈsʌmə(ɹ)] [-ʌmə(ɹ)] [ˈsʌmɚ]
- Examples of summer
- The earth soon warms on a clear summer day.
- [The biography] also displays a rather wearing fidelity to chronology that gives rise to too many summer holidays at the beginning of the book and too many royalty statements towards the end.
- Perhaps it was this atmosphere of misplacedness and loneliness as much as anything which led her to speak to him one evening in early summer when the office had closed.
- From the city sidewalk, there are few summer sights more archetypically urban than the face glimpsed in an open window, gazing silently out at the street.
- It gets blazes hot here in the summer.
- Noche Flamenca, which returned to Theater 80 in the East Village last week for its summer season, does a pretty good job of all this even if its new program, “Aldaba,” is heavily weighted toward the rawly emotional side of flamenco, with mixed results.
- Examples of summers
- As a teenager he worked as a cowboy for several summers on a ranch in Arizona, and he continued to ride horses nonprofessionally all his life.
- A few summers ago, an evil pyracantha shrub that blocked some of its sunlight was sacrificed in its honor.
- Summers believes that quantitative easing (printing a lot more yen and getting them circulated) is the most effective way of doing that.
- North of the Alps, you can have heat and sun--but some summers (if you go far enough north) you can also be bogged in by rain and enough chill that you have to go out and buy wool hats.
- Examples of summering
- An even more important reason for the primary is that by "summering and wintering" these candidates, New Hampshire people, as representatives of the nation ....
Examples of summer in a Sentence