place ExamplesEN[pleɪs] [-eɪs]
- Examples of place
- Acoustic emissions are only generated when some abrupt and permanent change takes place somewhere in the material.
- A good place for watching this harried, inchoate process is the café nearest the church, whose specialty is affogato (stifled or suffocated or drowned).
- I've hearn some folks pretend that it comes from the bowels of the airth, but it don't; its a thing of the air, and I've a notion it travels a mighty long way from its startin' place afore it reaches us. "
- With its fetishistic shots of jukeboxes that still play 45s, and reverence for road movies like “Vanishing Point,” “Death Proof” is a love letter to pop archivalism as cozy as the roadhouse in which the first half takes place.
- You oughta have better sense than to trust anyone with anything in this asshole place.
- the awfulness of this sacred place
- Examples of places
- “We have seen in the last three months a significant improvement in the capability of mortarmen and rocketeers to provide accurate fire into the Green Zone and other places,” he said in Baghdad.
- Smoking indoors is becoming a real no-no these days, in many places.
- Travel to out-of-the-way places that many nonbirders find unappealing can be especially attractive to those who pack binoculars and field guides in their carry-on luggage.
- In places such as Scandinavia, public nudity is legal.
- Continuously testing the resilience of the melting pot differentiates America from other places; and the olla podrida of colors and cultures creates a reservoir of talents unduplicated on the planet.
- The pilgrim had some home or dwelling place, the palmer had none. The pilgrim traveled to some certain, designed place or places, but the palmer to all. – T. Staveley.
- Biodiesel these days is selling at about the same prices as petrodiesel, or even a little more in many places.
- Drawing is picturing people, places, and things with line.
- We asked the restaurant to give us a table with three places.
- Examples of placed
- The transducer is placed at the paralumbar fossa and then moved ventrally to the midline.
- The ocular fundus samples were taken from a paramacular region and placed into a sample holder filled with DMEM, which was placed onto the object mount of the microscope with the retina facing towards the excitation laser.
- This material was allowed to air dry and placed in a desiccator for 24 hours and then morselized using a mortar and pestle. 0.1g of the powder was immersed in 1ml of serum for 24 hours.
- At day 12, we observed no significant difference in the amounts of 15-HETE or 13-HODE from the histocultures placed in the infectious context as compared as the controls, although their mean values were greater than those at day 1 pi (Fig 3 ).
- They open postero-laterally through the membrane between the mediotergites VIII-IX. The reservoirs are large; the acinous glands are deeply placed inside the abdomen and lie laterally on each side of the ovaries.
- Spiked samples were mixed gently but thoroughly, aliquoted into 20 ml glass scintillation vials and placed into the photosynthetron.
- Moreover, the beetle uses a row of scrapers (placed on the proximal abdominal segment) (Fig 1 , 1B3 and 1B4 ) rather than the single scraper (placed on the postpetiole, i.e. the third abdominal tergite) used by the ant (Fig 1 , 1A3 and 1A4 ).
- Rats were received d-amphetamine sulfate (5.0 mg/kg i.p) and were placed in rotometer bowls.
- Specimens were placed in a cavity slide and illustrated both before and after immersion in 70% ethanol to clarify some details inside the ovaries, such as the presence or absence of trophocytes and oocytes.
- Examples of placing
- I used to play a game with David and Douggie, Dennis and Drew — stop their sneezes midsniff just by placing my pinkie finger against their nostrils and saying gesundheit before it was time.
- When placing a C-spine on you must measure the person's neck precisely.
- The "clickability" of the foams, a measurement of a foam's usefulness in die-cutting processes, was determined by placing a piece of foam 1 in. thick under a square die, 2 1/2 by 2 1/2 in.
- After any dead ball, play shall be resumed by a jump ball, a throw-in or by placing the ball at the disposal of a free-thrower. 
- You two may enter the real estate process assuming that finding a little love nest is simply a matter of spotting a dream pad, placing an offer, and picking out curtains.
- to pot sugar, by taking it from the cooler, and placing it in hogsheads, etc. with perforated heads, through which the molasses drains off
- Katia Carranza, Jennifer Carlynn Kronenberg and Callie Manning are asked to do standard Hispanic preenings: hands on hips, placing weight on one leg while displaying the other thigh.
Examples of place in a Sentence