person ExamplesEN[ˈpɹsn̩] [ˈpɝsən] [ˈpɜːsən] [-ɜː(ɹ)sən]
- Examples of person
- An abrasive person can grate on one's sensibilities.
- Older in 'An older person should be treated with respect.
- He is an acquisitive person.
- "Bravo Six Actual, Snakebite leader" (The person with the callsign "Snakebite leader" requests to speak to the commander of company Bravo and not the radio operator.)
- an aggressive policy, war, person, nation
- The aggrieved person may present their petition to the court for review.
- an agreeable person
- I asked each person in turn, and their answers were all over the place.
- I am a seriously antibureaucratic person.
- Since you're such an athletic person, you may wish to consider joining.
- Examples of people
- He can run a mile in 15 minutes? Big deal! Some people can do it in four.
- Blech! Look at all the garbage people add to the online dictionary!
- Hundreds of thousands of people come to Disneyland every year.
- Fuckyeah, they do pretty well for 2 people playing guitar/piano & drums.
- We need more people to join IRC, full stop.
- God be with the days when people had respect for their elders.
- Friend 1: Some people say a man is made outta mud.
- Some religious people believe that all the followers of the other religions go to hell.
- Some people prefer apple pie, but me, I’m a cherry pie man.
- Examples of persons
- Without difference or respection of persons. — Tyndale.
- The clip was a variation of the screwback; today, many persons who cannot wear pierced earrings choose clips as an option.
- persons of the same political stripe
- The plaintiffs here are third persons, and cannot be made responsible for the inadequate judgment or the improper exercise of power by the defendant's wife.
- Several persons were depictured in caricature. — Fielding.
- At the time of war the President is authorized by law to induct persons into the armed forces involuntarily.
- Examples of personed
- three-personed God
Examples of person in a Sentence