paint ExamplesEN[peɪnt] [-eɪnt]
- Examples of paint
- She accidentally rubbed up against the painted door and got green paint on her blouse.
- You can scrape the paint off using a sharp blade.
- Fresh paint and some new curtains would do a lot to spruce up this dark room.
- The paint looks good, but I don't know if it will stand up to years of weather.
- Use a small brush to touch up the paint anywhere it is uneven.
- I expected his new play to be as good as the last, but it was like watching paint dry.
- Origin (...) have used the canvas of a Doom-like first-person 3-D engine to paint a master work of their own in this comic-book action game.
- I wonder now if I've under-achieved because of this attitude. I didn't write, paint etc. because it was expected that I would. So I bloodymindedly wanted to do something else.
- After Eva and her Mommie carefully paint cookies, Daddy and his "Snicklefritz" find the perfect little pine tree.
- Examples of paints
- In all these he paints only the one woman, of concentrated, unconsidering passion, ready to sacrifice heaven and defy hell for a guilty man, beloved in spite of religion or reason.
- Jim's aunt paints beautiful watercolours.
- The levels of lead in marine hull paints are still unacceptably high.
- Drying oils are used as the bases of many paints and varnishes.
- Although it is both transitive and intransitive, paint is not an ergative verb, because when we say "Bob paints", this is very different from when we say "Bob gets painted".
- 2008 May/Jun, Erin Barnes, “Glossed Over”, E: The Environmental Magazine, volume 19, number 3, page 21: Every day we are exposed to low doses of phthalates in food containers, perfumes, hairsprays, floorings, paints, toys and medical devices.
- No two mixings of these paints are ever the same.
- She paints and powders.
- Turpentine or mineral spirits can be used as a thinner for oil based paints.
- Examples of painted
- This could have been avoided by the simple process of suspending egg crating made of timber or some other solid material painted black with the light fittings above it.
- Beck - who has the sort of rubbery, chucklesome face that should ideally be either a) cast as the goonish sidekick in a bad frat house sex comedy or b) painted on a toilet bowl so you could shit directly on to it - has become famous for crying live on air, indulging in paranoid conspiracy theorising, and labelling Obama a "racist" with "a deep-seated hatred for white people or white culture".
- They found these seeds and painted faces on them,” she says, picking up a long sausage-like fruit fallen from the kigelia trees.
- The results showed that a short arm of a bi-armed macrochromosome pair was painted with GGA3 and a long arm with GGA5 and GGA7 in most species.
- Examples of painting
- That painting looks nice.
- With 80 works ranging from folksy illustrations to precisionist Dutch-inspired landscapes and loose 20th-century abstractions, it offers a minihistory of American painting but also challenges tired notions about watercolor as an amateur’s medium.
- She newspapered one end of the room before painting the bookcase.
- The shock was multiple: Not only was this immense, furry orangeness a painting, it was interactive; you could run your fingers through its color.
- I've been painting since I was a young child.
- Artistic painting often takes longer than utilitarian house &c. painting.
- Some artists, like Michelangelo, excel in both painting and sculpture.
- That painting is an almost exact replication of a famous Rembrandt painting.
- The restoration of this painting will take years.
- Remember to sheet the floor before you start painting.
Examples of paint in a Sentence