merely ExamplesEN[ˈmɪəli] [ˈmɪɹli]
- Examples of merely
- 1997, Kevin Starr, Endangered Dreams: The Great Depression in California page 11 - Or perhaps Hull merely rewrote Kearney's incoherent harangues, polishing their language, heightening their ferocity, after they were delivered?
- So, given their very challenging nature, Nippo-Vietnamese relations must be better analysed, and not merely by a simple monographic study of bilateral relations. (2008) 
- Considering some of the other offers that were made, allowing this one piece of merchandise was by no means a cash grab; this was merely Watterson putting a toe in the water.
- But Reitman, who also coscripted the film (with Sheldon Turner) from a novel by Walter Kirn, isn't interested in merely satirizing the existence of guys like Bingham.
- To this minute account we might perhaps merely answer with laconic gravity, "Suppose," for on this magic duosyllable does the whole tale of gorgeous fortune and unprecedented gullibility depend.
- This was a sight check, to see if he looked like some dustout or merely sounded like one.
Examples of merely in a Sentence