- Examples of lightly
- Perhaps to treat the matter lightly and sportively would be the course most likely to encourage her to explain it.
- Bull did not hesitate to obey, for the broad, cold blade of a bowie rested lightly against the back of his neck.
- dapping is to rebound or adopt a rebounding action, e.g. to fish by letting the bait dip and bob lightly onto the water, in the manner that some insects lay eggs in the water.
- The captain executed the flare perfectly, and we lightly touched down.
- At Quince in San Francisco, Michael Tusk, the chef, smokes fresh ricotta over fruitwood and spices until it’s lightly browned and crumbly.
- You have gone a good stitch. — John Bunyan. In Syria the husbandmen go lightly over with their plow, and take no deep stitch in making their furrows. — Holland.
- You got off lightly by not being kept in detention for breaking that window.
- My cousin got off lightly with a spanking after he broke the boy’s leg
- Following England's opening-day win over Wales in Cardiff, Martin Johnson's men headed into the Twickenham contest full of confidence but with a warning from their manager not to take the Italians lightly.
Examples of lightly in a Sentence