- Examples of lightly
- You have gone a good stitch. — John Bunyan. In Syria the husbandmen go lightly over with their plow, and take no deep stitch in making their furrows. — Holland.
- You got off lightly by not being kept in detention for breaking that window.
- My cousin got off lightly with a spanking after he broke the boy’s leg
- Following England's opening-day win over Wales in Cardiff, Martin Johnson's men headed into the Twickenham contest full of confidence but with a warning from their manager not to take the Italians lightly.
- He's in a bad mood today, so you might want to tread lightly if you talk to him.
- Sautéed shrimp in a cream sauce of kanzuri, a combination of citrus and chili peppers, are a spicy, lightly crunchy knockout.
- While the European pear is, at its finest, buttery and surrenders to the slightest pressure, Asian pears are firm, very crisp, hugely juicy and sweet and, in some cases, highly aromatic – spicy almost. Some are smooth-skinned, others lightly russeted.
- On the day of testing, mice were lightly anesthetized with isoflurane and restrained in a custom-made clear polycarbonate tube and a balloon catheter (Cordis Power Flex P3; Cordis, Waterloo, Belgium) was smoothly inserted transanally.
Examples of lightly in a Sentence