- Examples of last
- he took the oath of office last night
- I've had a lot of problems recently: take last Monday, for example. My car broke down on the way to work. Then ... etc.
- I started some tomato seeds last spring, but they didn't take.
- Long even before the last tenant had occupied it, the room had been regarded with fear and aversion, and the end of that last tenant had in no way lightened the gloom that hung about the place.
- I wish / (Next to my part of Heav'n) that she would spend / The last part of her life so here, that all / Indifferent judges might condemn me for / A most malicious slanderer, nay, text it / Upon my forehead
- The speech went on for hours, but the long and short of it is that not much has changed since last year.
- this time last year
- Declarer threw his queen of spades on the high diamond. He then won the last three tricks with his ace, queen and nine of hearts behind East's jack third.
- I checked the prices on the ticker one last time before placing the trade.
- Examples of lasts
- Doing careful research before purchasing big-ticket items such as electronics, appliances, and automobiles can ensure that an investment lasts for many years.
- A Prince-Rupert's-drop, which is a tear of unannealed glass, lasts indefinitely, if you keep it from meddling hands; but break its tail off, and it explodes and resolves itself into powder.
- One gallon costs about $220, covers an acre and lasts through about two mowings.
- In France, a presidency lasts for five years.
- Examples of lasted
- He had a laughing fit which lasted more than ten minutes.
- The run of the show lasted two weeks, and we sold out every night.
- His expensive tailored shirts didn't look that much better than off-the-rack, but they lasted much longer.
- It lasted close to an hour.
- We paid for utilities — which included space heaters in the winter and gas tanks that lasted a month and ran out midshower, and we spent a fortune on phone cards for the pay phone down the street.
- She kept to her bed while the fever lasted.
- It found that the beneficial effects of chewing gum on heartburn lasted up to three hours, “with a more profound effect in refluxers than in controls.”
- Danny Higginbotham was the only survivor from the weekend win over Bolton - but the Stoke captain lasted just 10 minutes before being forced off injured. That meant a reshuffle to the visitors' defence who were the busier in a lacklustre first half.
- Examples of lasting
- Smith is your go-to person if you want lasting results.
- After World War One it was hoped that a lasting peace had been achieved. It hadn't.
- This long-lasting gum keeps its flavor for almost an hour.
- a sermon lasting two mortal hours
- Her words made a lasting impression on my mind.
- This Destruction of the Tea is so bold, so daring, so firm, intrepid and inflexible, and it must have so important Consequences, and so lasting, that I cant but consider it as an Epocha in History.
- An ideal son is his father's lasting lust.
Examples of lasted in a Sentence