- Examples of last
- They played a clip of last night's debate.
- Over the last century the advance in science has led to many new words being coined.
- As many as a quarter of the nation's commercially kept bees went missing last year, presumed dead, in a phenomenon now called colony collapse disorder.
- The truth is that [Isaac] Newton was very much a product of his time. The colossus of science was not the first king of reason, Keynes wrote after reading Newton’s unpublished manuscripts. Instead “he was the last of the magicians”.
- I have used my last can of commodity meat.
- His dog has been his trusted companion for the last five years.
- But Tuesday night last gone in's garden-house / He knew me as a wife. As this is true, / Let me in safety raise me from my knees; / Or else for ever be confixed here, / A marble monument!
- It was the killing of Cupcake, a border collie mix, in a conibear trap last winter that first spurred the anti-trapping campaign here.
- My headache has no connection with me going out last night.
- Examples of lasts
- Doing careful research before purchasing big-ticket items such as electronics, appliances, and automobiles can ensure that an investment lasts for many years.
- A Prince-Rupert's-drop, which is a tear of unannealed glass, lasts indefinitely, if you keep it from meddling hands; but break its tail off, and it explodes and resolves itself into powder.
- One gallon costs about $220, covers an acre and lasts through about two mowings.
- In France, a presidency lasts for five years.
- Examples of lasted
- It found that the beneficial effects of chewing gum on heartburn lasted up to three hours, “with a more profound effect in refluxers than in controls.”
- Danny Higginbotham was the only survivor from the weekend win over Bolton - but the Stoke captain lasted just 10 minutes before being forced off injured. That meant a reshuffle to the visitors' defence who were the busier in a lacklustre first half.
- The war lasted much longer than predicted.
- These shoes have lasted a nice long time.
- I don't know why he was so impressed with our previous boss; he lasted all of ten days in the position.
- The exhibition lasted only from 6 to 6:26 p.m., the artists said, because a security guard, alerted by concerned bathroomgoers, showed up and tapped on Mr. Hartshorn’s shower curtain.
- I began a scream that lasted unintermittingly the whole time of the incision ... the air felt like a mass of minute but sharp and forked poniards [daggers] that were tearing the edges of the wound.”
- Examples of lasting
- Her words made a lasting impression on my mind.
- This Destruction of the Tea is so bold, so daring, so firm, intrepid and inflexible, and it must have so important Consequences, and so lasting, that I cant but consider it as an Epocha in History.
- An ideal son is his father's lasting lust.
- Busy angels spread / The lasting roll, recording what we say.
- The lasting frost winter-killed more critters then all predation
- He fears the dark, so he invented a longer lasting light bulb.
- In other experiment, dexamethasone resulted in hyperglycemic and hypoketonemic effect lasting 4 to 6 days in ketotic cows.
- Yet, we did not re-challenge these animals intramammarily, and thus cannot confirm that mASR is long-lasting.
Examples of lasted in a Sentence