- Examples of last
- That well Bob set up last weekend was some good fieldwork.
- He fought for the Democrats in the last election.
- Someone would love to have my first world problems Kill the moon and turn out the sun Lock your door and load your gun Free at last now the time has come to choose
- The boxer's fists rained down on his opponent in the last round.
- Although Crohn disease and ulcerative colitis are chronic, they are characterized by periods of remission that last for varying amounts of time, interrupted by flare-ups, when symptoms of the disease become more evident.
- Toni Morrison was on a flying visit to London last week, for a book signing.
- He returned at last, and pointing to a tree that stood over on the far side of the foredraft which led up to the farm,… — A Modern Antaeus, 1901
- At last, with creeping crooked pace forth came / An old, old man, with beard as white as snow, / That on a staffe his feeble steps did frame. ― Spenser.
- It didn't freeze this winter, but last winter was very harsh.
- Examples of lasts
- Doing careful research before purchasing big-ticket items such as electronics, appliances, and automobiles can ensure that an investment lasts for many years.
- A Prince-Rupert's-drop, which is a tear of unannealed glass, lasts indefinitely, if you keep it from meddling hands; but break its tail off, and it explodes and resolves itself into powder.
- One gallon costs about $220, covers an acre and lasts through about two mowings.
- In France, a presidency lasts for five years.
- Examples of lasted
- She kept to her bed while the fever lasted.
- It found that the beneficial effects of chewing gum on heartburn lasted up to three hours, “with a more profound effect in refluxers than in controls.”
- Danny Higginbotham was the only survivor from the weekend win over Bolton - but the Stoke captain lasted just 10 minutes before being forced off injured. That meant a reshuffle to the visitors' defence who were the busier in a lacklustre first half.
- The war lasted much longer than predicted.
- These shoes have lasted a nice long time.
- I don't know why he was so impressed with our previous boss; he lasted all of ten days in the position.
- The exhibition lasted only from 6 to 6:26 p.m., the artists said, because a security guard, alerted by concerned bathroomgoers, showed up and tapped on Mr. Hartshorn’s shower curtain.
- I began a scream that lasted unintermittingly the whole time of the incision ... the air felt like a mass of minute but sharp and forked poniards [daggers] that were tearing the edges of the wound.”
- Examples of lasting
- This Destruction of the Tea is so bold, so daring, so firm, intrepid and inflexible, and it must have so important Consequences, and so lasting, that I cant but consider it as an Epocha in History.
- An ideal son is his father's lasting lust.
- Busy angels spread / The lasting roll, recording what we say.
- The lasting frost winter-killed more critters then all predation
- He fears the dark, so he invented a longer lasting light bulb.
- In other experiment, dexamethasone resulted in hyperglycemic and hypoketonemic effect lasting 4 to 6 days in ketotic cows.
- Yet, we did not re-challenge these animals intramammarily, and thus cannot confirm that mASR is long-lasting.
- Intact CD38 transferred from prostasomes to sperm plays a critical role in progesterone-induced long-lasting Ca 2+ signaling, which is required for sperm hypermotility [9 ].
- Because performances tend to start around 8 p.m. and French restaurants tend to open at 7 p.m., with dining lasting anywhere from one and a half to three hours and more, what's a hungry show-goer to do?
Examples of lasted in a Sentence