lastEN[lɑːst] [-ɑːst] [læst] [-æst] [last] [-ast] [ɫast]
- Examples of last
- After consuming too much coffee every day for six weeks, she got severe migraines that would last up until 47 minutes after her first cup of coffee.
- The last thing I needed was another mindfucking from my skanky boss.
- Since the Giants' minicamp last spring, Buggs already has begun to expand his training horizons, much to Arnsparger's satisfaction.
- The premier offered his last ministry's resignation to the monarch, and is asked the form a new one in accordance with the election results
- The minitrend may have started with ads last summer for Level vodka, sold by V&S Vin & Sprit, which carry the headline “Hello delicious.”
- Having spent more than £500,000 on players last summer, Crawley can hardly be classed as minnows but they have still punched way above their weight and this kind of performance means no-one will relish pulling them out of the hat in Sunday's draw.
- In a statement last month, Mr. Spitzer said, “No amount of distortion, scare tactics and mischaracterization will change the underlying fact that New York’s health care system is broken.”
- It is among the most studied, monographed, celebrated and sent-up works of modern art, and perhaps as influential as any from the last century.
- It seems like it’s been a month of Sundays since we saw him last.
- Examples of lasts
- Doing careful research before purchasing big-ticket items such as electronics, appliances, and automobiles can ensure that an investment lasts for many years.
- A Prince-Rupert's-drop, which is a tear of unannealed glass, lasts indefinitely, if you keep it from meddling hands; but break its tail off, and it explodes and resolves itself into powder.
- One gallon costs about $220, covers an acre and lasts through about two mowings.
- In France, a presidency lasts for five years.
- Examples of lasted
- The war lasted much longer than predicted.
- These shoes have lasted a nice long time.
- I don't know why he was so impressed with our previous boss; he lasted all of ten days in the position.
- The exhibition lasted only from 6 to 6:26 p.m., the artists said, because a security guard, alerted by concerned bathroomgoers, showed up and tapped on Mr. Hartshorn’s shower curtain.
- I began a scream that lasted unintermittingly the whole time of the incision ... the air felt like a mass of minute but sharp and forked poniards [daggers] that were tearing the edges of the wound.”
- Examples of lasting
- Smith is your go-to person if you want lasting results.
- After World War One it was hoped that a lasting peace had been achieved. It hadn't.
- This long-lasting gum keeps its flavor for almost an hour.
- a sermon lasting two mortal hours
- Her words made a lasting impression on my mind.
- This Destruction of the Tea is so bold, so daring, so firm, intrepid and inflexible, and it must have so important Consequences, and so lasting, that I cant but consider it as an Epocha in History.
- An ideal son is his father's lasting lust.
- Busy angels spread / The lasting roll, recording what we say.
Examples of last in a Sentence