lastEN[lɑːst] [-ɑːst] [læst] [-æst] [last] [-ast] [ɫast]
- Examples of last
- John said he could drive me to the airport, but then he flaked out on me, and I had to call a cab at the last minute.
- I did seven laps of Fyshwick with the mechanic today. I was turning lots of heads on the last few, people must of thought I was nuts, flogging the car then stopping, then driving slow then flogging it again.
- Since the last update, the program freezes up / freezes after a few minutes of use.
- This job fulfils me in a way my last one never did.
- Josh had to go to hospital last night for being gay bashed outside a pub.
- In the last 20 minutes Athletic began to generate the sort of pressure of which they are capable, but by then it was far too late: the game had begun to slip away from them as early as the seventh minute.
- Those two met last Saturday at the party, and because they were both into juggling they get on like a house on fire.
- This job’s really getting to me. I don’t know how much longer I’ll last.
- Last night, I thought he'd sign the deal, but this morning he'd got wised somehow.
- "'Twere back-end o' t' yeer," he continued at last, "an' t' lads had gone into t' woods to gether hesel-nuts an' accorns.
- Examples of lasts
- Doing careful research before purchasing big-ticket items such as electronics, appliances, and automobiles can ensure that an investment lasts for many years.
- A Prince-Rupert's-drop, which is a tear of unannealed glass, lasts indefinitely, if you keep it from meddling hands; but break its tail off, and it explodes and resolves itself into powder.
- One gallon costs about $220, covers an acre and lasts through about two mowings.
- In France, a presidency lasts for five years.
- Examples of lasted
- Danny Higginbotham was the only survivor from the weekend win over Bolton - but the Stoke captain lasted just 10 minutes before being forced off injured. That meant a reshuffle to the visitors' defence who were the busier in a lacklustre first half.
- The war lasted much longer than predicted.
- These shoes have lasted a nice long time.
- I don't know why he was so impressed with our previous boss; he lasted all of ten days in the position.
- The exhibition lasted only from 6 to 6:26 p.m., the artists said, because a security guard, alerted by concerned bathroomgoers, showed up and tapped on Mr. Hartshorn’s shower curtain.
- I began a scream that lasted unintermittingly the whole time of the incision ... the air felt like a mass of minute but sharp and forked poniards [daggers] that were tearing the edges of the wound.”
- Examples of lasting
- Her words made a lasting impression on my mind.
- This Destruction of the Tea is so bold, so daring, so firm, intrepid and inflexible, and it must have so important Consequences, and so lasting, that I cant but consider it as an Epocha in History.
- An ideal son is his father's lasting lust.
- Busy angels spread / The lasting roll, recording what we say.
- The lasting frost winter-killed more critters then all predation
- He fears the dark, so he invented a longer lasting light bulb.
- In other experiment, dexamethasone resulted in hyperglycemic and hypoketonemic effect lasting 4 to 6 days in ketotic cows.
- Yet, we did not re-challenge these animals intramammarily, and thus cannot confirm that mASR is long-lasting.
Examples of last in a Sentence