- Examples of la
- Pie a la mode usually means with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, but other flavors work too.
- "La la la la, I can't hear you!" Jimmy said, pretending to hold a mic and sing like his father.
- I couldn't make out the words of the song, it was just a bunch of la la la as far as I could hear.
- She was all la-di-da, with her nose in the air, and we're all struggling not to laugh because that would be gauche.
- "Well la-di-da, aren't you the impressive personage, with a feather in your hair yet."
- Jeff Johnson's nebbishy Blanche, for example, is a complete comic character, a demented Dorothy (a la Martin Short) who can write her way back to Kansas.
- 2007, Nicola Williams and Catherine Le Nevez, Provence & the Côte d'Azur
- [La Remembrança Nissarda] runs weekly lessons in the Niçois language and chants niçois (traditional Niçois songs and chants), and cultural workshops on Niçois history, carnival traditions and cuisine nissarde (local cooking).
- La Guardia, however, has very few off-peak periods; most of the day it is near its limit, defined as 75 scheduled flights per hour, plus 6 nonairline flights.
- Examples of las
- Las Vegas is the wedding capital of the world
- The veteran American legend claims he and Welsh two-weight world champion Calzaghe will clash on 20 September, probably at The MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
Examples of las in a Sentence