large ExamplesEN[lɑːdʒ] [lɑɹdʒ] [-ɑː(ɹ)dʒ]
- Examples of large
- Asia is a large continent containing many large nations (e.g. China, India and Russia).
- The dessert generously covered the entire large plate.
- The sky seems immeasurably large at night.
- It's not a great fashion statement, but in a pinch a large trash bag will keep you dry.
- Some numbers are incomputably large.
- As the planet orbits the star, it causes a wobble in the star's motion, which can be detected as a small but observably large Doppler effect.
- She gulped like a bulldog trying to swallow a sirloin steak many sizes too large for its thoracic cavity. “You mean there are two of them?” “Exactly.” “And Wilbert isn't the one I thought he was?” “You have grasped the position of affairs to a nicety.”
- Some numbers are uncomputably large.
- Examples of larges
- One small coffee and two larges, please.
- When the pseudogenome is small (up to 300 Mbases) we cache the answers for all k ≤ 10, and for larges pseudogenomes for all k ≤ 11.
- Examples of larger
- A larger stackback allows more light into the room during the day.
- As he gained a reputation, he took larger space and took students into his studio,
- Syrts may be separated from each other by higher ridges, and may serve as water divides between drainage basins for larger rivers.
- Guerrilla attacks continued to bedevil the larger army's supply routes.
- There are some brilliant new approaches being created at grass roots level, but it is taking a long time for them to filter up to the larger institutions.
- It follows that if two numbers are not equal then one is larger than the other.
- Males castrated at birth are smaller (Field et al., 1997a ), and females ovariectomized at birth are larger than their intact male and female counterparts (Field et al., 2004 ).
- The capacity of the Neanderthal skull was 10% larger than that of modern humans.
- If you are sustainably harvesting, you should be able to sustain the income that comes from harvesting instead of getting a larger cash grab now, and then forgoing future income.
- Examples of largest
- A meishi typically features the company name at the top in the largest print, followed by the job title and then the name of the individual.
- The neothalamus contains the largest division of nuclei in the brain and is larger in animals with a well-developed cortex.
- India has the third-largest population of English-speakers in the world.
- Réunion is the largest of France's overseas possessions.
- [ … ] returning members had to meet no fewer than 11 new members, appointed by Borough President Scott Stringer in one of the largest reshufflings of a borough’s community boards in recent memory.
- The company, based in Boston and the third-largest securitizer of student loans , received a subpoena on Aug. 22, according to a statement yesterday on its Web site.
- Yorkshire is the largest shire in England.
- The science world was left in shock when workers at the world's largest physics lab announced they had recorded subatomic particles travelling faster than the speed of light – a feat that Einstein said was impossible.
- No one has more invested in cluster munitions than the United States, which Human Rights Watch says has been the largest producer, stockpiler and user, using them in the former Yugoslavia, Afghanistan and Iraq.
Examples of large in a Sentence