- Examples of hunt
- You shitposters, take some advice: either you start to post something worth reading, or optionally get the hell out of here, hunt down James and tell him personally Metallica sucks, ok?
- And you asked Charles Briggs for the name of the man who bought the secret, and he gives you a legend. A man who might not even exist. You know what, this is a snipe hunt.
- Rank-and-file Communists everywhere are led away on a senseless witch-hunt after 'Trotskyists'.
- For me, it isn't so much about the actual hunting as much as the woodsmanship and skills that come into play at every stage of a hunt.
- The San Juan market is Mexico City's most famous deli of exotic meats, where an adventurous shopper can hunt down hard-to-find critters such as ostrich, wild boar and crocodile. Only the city zoo offers greater species diversity.
- I managed to hunt down a copy of the magazine.
- Examples of hunts
- He hunts the woods, or the country.
- Examples of hunted
- The hatchling alligator had just broken out of its shell but was already trying to follow its mother, who hunted hatchling birds.
- He was hunted from the parish.
- The hunter becomes the hunted.
- Then we hunted up a place close by to hide the canoe in, amongst the thick willows. We took some fish off of the lines and set them again, and begun to get ready for dinner.
- Truffles, maitake, matsutake, king boletes, shiitake and dozens of other edible types are hunted commercially around the planet.
- The taste of clean killed, still hunted animals far exceeds that of either gut shot deer or those run by dogs.
- Examples of hunting
- Altricial young are typical among carnivores, which might be expected to be hampered in their hunting behaviour if the pregnant mother has to carry its young for a long period.
- Armed with binoculars and wearing a bucket hat covered with antiban buttons — “Keep fighting, Keep hunting,” read one — she knew the best vantage points.
- If you go hunting and want to bring something back to eat, you have to be in for the kill.
- It would continue to allow certain traditional, nonmotorized uses, like hunting, fishing and rafting.
- Even in an era when individuality in dress is a cult, his clothes were noticeable. He was wearing a hard hat of the low round kind favoured by hunting men, and with it a black duffle-coat lined with white.
- Vermont will open elk hunting season next week.
- When we set out to produce the site full time, everything we did went on the site, but the reporting for the site hasn't changed. I don't think it ever will. It's basic shoe leather reporting, hunting down sources and documents and confirming authenticity.
Examples of hunt in a Sentence