- Examples of hole
- Water spouts from a hole.
- ... and insist upon forcing a square peg into a round hole, because in a round hole you, being a round peg, feel tight and comfortable.
- We drilled a hole and then cut the threads with the proper tap to match the valve's thread.
- Tap an M3 thread all the way through the hole.
- If at any hole a competitor play his first stroke from outside the limits of the teeing-ground, he shall count that stroke, tee a ball, and play his second stroke from within these limits.
- to thumb the touch-hole of a cannon
- I need to dig a hole for these begonias; would you pass me that trowel?
- You're going to wear a hole in the bottom of those shoes. The water has slowly worn a channel into these rocks. Long illness had worn the bloom from her cheeks. Exile had worn the man to a shadow.
- A whirlpool is an instance of a vortex produced by ocean tides, or by a hole underneath where the water would drain out, such as in a bathtub.
- Examples of holes
- The book has quite a few plot holes. For example, it's never explained why the main character came to town.
- The car was covered in bullet holes after the gang shootout.
- Various wands and clippers and cauterizers went into other little holes, and while watching the screens, the two doctors moved them around as if working joysticks on a video game.
- Cellular mobiles can have apparently bizarre holes in their reach
- Additionally, there are two angular holes designated for wire cerclages and non-absorbable sutures that can be used for additional fixation of the greater tuberosity.
- He keep his feed in steel drums to prevent the mice from chewing holes in the feed-sacks.
- The night was now pitmirk; the wind soughed amid the head-stones and railings of the gentry, (for we must all die,) and the black corbies in the steeple-holes cackled and crawed in a fearsome manner.
- The holes and burning are caused by the part diaphragming at 20000-40000 cycles/second.
- A child of the Great Depression, Grandma would never throw away a dishtowel until it had more holes than thread.
- These donut holes are delicious!
- Examples of holed
- It was a lonely, dissociative time in my life, when I stayed holed up in my apartment for weeks on end.
- Shrapnel holed the ship's hull.
- She completely holed the argument.
- Woods holed a standard three foot putt
- The guerrillas holed up in a small cave.
Examples of holes in a Sentence