- Examples of haunt
- The memorious glare she gave me when I said that will haunt me for years.
- A spectral spirit returns from its grave to haunt the house.
- His unsavory reputation as a mobster came back to haunt him when he ran for mayor of New York.
- David and Deena Fishman in the Palm Courtyard of their winterlong vacation haunt, the Breakers in Palm Beach, Fla.
- A couple of ghosts haunt the old, burnt-down house.
- The petty misdeeds of his youth came back to haunt him when he ran for political office and his character was smeared.
- Examples of haunts
- The demon of stupidity haunts me whenever I open my mouth.
- There is an agony of suffering in that lingering doubt which haunts the human soul in the beginnings of disbelief.
- LETTERCOL - A letter column. One of the favorite haunts of the actifans.
- I know her and her haunts, Her lays, leaps, and outlays, and will discover all. ― Francis Beaumont.
- a poltergeist haunts the house by moving objects around the house, make chain-rattling noises and throwing items.
- A wandering spirit haunts the island.
- Examples of haunted
- Everyone showed that the ghost of an old lady haunted the crypt.
- A friendly ghostie haunted my house because he smiled at me.
- The memory of his past failures haunted him.
- The policeman haunted him, following him everywhere.
- Everyone discovered a haunted house and they are terrified that items flew off tables.
- Lisette can't wait to create a haunted house on Halloween night.
- the chapel is haunted by a demonic poltergeist.
- Too long have I been haunted by that shade.
- Examples of haunting
- Numerous as shadows haunting fairily the brain — Keats.
- He had a haunting gaze.
- During the haunting, strange voices and noises were heard and objects flew off tables.
- A ghost was haunting the house.
- The howling of wolves is haunting at night.
- On “Seven by Seven” it was the reedy blend of two melodicas, played by Mr. Apfelbaum and Mr. Valera over a haunting drone.
- The women of the Los Angeles Master Chorale, seated in the rows where the first violins are typically located, contributed an array of haunting vocal sounds: hushed hums, sustained high tones, sputterings and more.
- And in “Central Park in the Dark” and her haunting response to “The Unanswered Question,” Sokolow evokes more small-town anomie in spare shifts of ranks, topplings and rises.
Examples of haunts in a Sentence