- Examples of haunting
- In the course of investigating the haunting, I interviewed several percipients.
- She has written a fierce, haunting book about exile and loss and family love, and how that love can survive distance and separation, loss and abandonment and somehow endure, undented and robust.
- Numerous as shadows haunting fairily the brain — Keats.
- He had a haunting gaze.
- During the haunting, strange voices and noises were heard and objects flew off tables.
- A ghost was haunting the house.
- The howling of wolves is haunting at night.
- On “Seven by Seven” it was the reedy blend of two melodicas, played by Mr. Apfelbaum and Mr. Valera over a haunting drone.
- The women of the Los Angeles Master Chorale, seated in the rows where the first violins are typically located, contributed an array of haunting vocal sounds: hushed hums, sustained high tones, sputterings and more.
- And in “Central Park in the Dark” and her haunting response to “The Unanswered Question,” Sokolow evokes more small-town anomie in spare shifts of ranks, topplings and rises.
Examples of haunting in a Sentence