- Examples of happy
- a happy hit
- The life had been lived and chronicled, and what remained was a happy retirement filled with those inconsequentia which made life pleasant
- That's about 28 ounces of killer green bud, worth perhaps $8,000 at today's street prices, and enough to keep Harold and Kumar happy for a couple of days.
- He's a leaver, not a stayer: he'll never be happy tied down in one place.
- “He has the ability to play all three linebacking positions and we’re happy to add him to our defense.”
- A perusal of recent transcripts reveals that Hillary Clinton likes “I am thrilled to see all of you” and “I am so pleased to be with all of you,” with an occasional locater: “I am so happy to be back here in [wherever].”
- Many happy returns of ye day to us my Dr Love.
- An' whyles twalpennie-worth o′ nappie / Can mak the bodies unco happy ;
- Examples of happier
- My sense of humor is just as black as before. I still listen to the same depressoid music. Yet I'm much happier, and I'm open in ways that would have terrified me only a few years ago.
- The editor agreed to keep a lid on a potentially distastrous political scoop in exchange for an exclusive of a happier nature
- No swellings tell that winds may be Upon some far-off happier sea-- No heavings hint that winds have been On seas less hideously serene."
- This was during Kerik’s happier, preindictment era.
- The most uninformed mind, with a healthy body, is happier than the wisest valetudinarian. -- Thomas Jefferson, The Writings of Thomas Jefferson (1904), p. 168.
- He came to SF literature a confirmed technophile, and nothing made him happier than to read a manuscript thick with imaginary gizmos and whatzits.
- Examples of happiest
- It will be proved that a Solarian, supposing him to have a stature equal to our own, would do as much work as seven of our cultivators; and yet the Solarians are the happiest of beings; their lot is the highest degree of happiness to which we can aspire until the epoch when there shall exist stars of a more exalted rank, that are not yet to be found in our young universe.
- I’m happiest when I’m working.
- “I should explain that among the books that recently arrived at the office was a slim volume from his pen dealing with the Preparatory School and giving it an enthusiastic build-up. The formative years which we spent there, he said, were the happiest of our life.” “Gadzooks!”
- On the contrary, taken as a whole, they form the oiliest, fattest, drollest, noisiest, sleekest, dirtiest, ignorantest, prejudicedest, narrow-mindedest, shirtlessest, clotheslessest, idlest, carelessest, jolliest, absurdest, rascaliest--but still, all that, perhaps--taken all in all--the happiest community on the face of the earth. ]
- Examples of more happy
- The more money donated, the more books purchased, and the more happy children.
Examples of happy in a Sentence