- Examples of fortune
- So Americans are stuck between chef-driven omakase meals at elite restaurants that cost a fortune and the cheap, predictable fare at our neighborhood places.
- He made a fortune by judiciously investing in underfollowed stocks.
- He would have met the real estate agents selling overpriced merchandise to underinformed dreamers and heard the agents’ pitch — “Investors like you, sir, are making a fortune.”
- Nor can we avoid ascribing the undistinguishing and extravagant applause, that has been bestowed upon the style, to the same source of fashion, the rank, the fortune, the connexions of the writer.
- an unspendable fortune
- The playboy seemed oblivious to his withering fortune as he continued in his decadent lifestyle.
- As fortune and custom's use would have it, few were the witnesses to my zombic march, and none to see this gaunt-eyed ghost slip inside his Pilot's cabin, though not through any worldly care of mine.
- Examples of fortunes
- But his joy was short-lived, for his fortunes soon changed.
- So-called bioprospectors can make their fortunes by bringing those advantages to the attention of companies who identify the plant’s active compound and use it as a base ingredient for new products that they patent.
- Or think of a decent young citizen in a toga—perhaps too much dice, you know—coming out here in the train of some prefect, or tax-gatherer, or trader even, to mend his fortunes.
- Here was a picture whose screen fortunes must have caused much uncertainty as to the femme fan reaction. As it turns out all the signs are that the woman angle is favorable and that sets the picture for better than average money at the box office
- Drogba's goal early in the second half - his fourth in this Wembley showpiece - proved decisive as the remarkable turnaround in Chelsea's fortunes under interim manager Roberto di Matteo was rewarded with silverware.
- ...shady stockbrokers who finagle their clients out of fortunes.
Examples of fortune in a Sentence