form ExamplesEN[fɔːm] [fɔɹm] [-ɔː(ɹ)m]
- Examples of form
- Their first half was marred by the entire side playing too deep, completely unable to build up any form of decent possession once the ball left their bewildered defence.
- So many people attended the basketball call out that the coach decided to form 2 teams.
- The episode begins with a lifetime of junk food, beer and no exercise catching up with Homer in the form of painful heart contractions.
- Similarly, it is clear that the whole company of martyrs, of whom legend relates that they carried their heads after death, the céphalophores, arose from a widely known form of iconography.
- The pavilion's tour de force is the private theater, which provided the emperor with a cozy perch to view chaqu, a form of opera invented by a commoner that became all the rage in 18th-century Beijing.
- True, you need some form of checkback, which is an artificial two-club or two-diamond rebid by the responder to ask for more information.
- Use this clip to attach the check to your tax form.
- Examples of forms
- Most of the nervous system that forms during larvogenesis in C. teleta persists into the juvenile stage.
- A form of these lissoneoids somewhat resemble the trochoidal forms, the latter being more hollow than the former.
- This abiotic process generates a range of soluble cellulose degradation products (CDP) including: the α and β forms of isosaccharinic acid (ISA) (Fig A in S1 File ); the α and β forms of metasaccharinic acid and a range of small organic molecules.
- The 01–41 peptide was synthesized by Atlantic Peptides (Lewisburg, PA) in both the biotinylated and nonbiotinylated forms.
- At low collision energies, most reflective of nonperturbed conformations, all forms of the protein exist in a single conformational family.
- In “Triana” (named after the Gypsy quarter in Seville), Albéniz conjures guitars and castanets and the dance forms pasodoble and Sevillana with music so evocative that you feel as if you’d just wandered into a fragrant Andalucian courtyard.
- Examples of formed
- Law enforcement authorities think the problem has been growing and a multiagency task force [ … ] was formed in February to determine the extent of the problem.
- new-born, new-formed, new-found, new-mown
- Polygonization is the process of forming polygons from linework which encloses areas. Linework to be formed into polygons must be fully noded – that is, linestrings must not cross and must touch only at endpoints.
- Well formed XML is an example of parsable text or data.
- A fatty, pimplelike lesion in a coronary artery burst, and a blood clot formed that closed the vessel and cut off circulation to part of the heart muscle.
- The precative expresses a wish (may...!); it is formed by preposing the particle lu to the stative or the preterite.
- A plagioclase glass in some chondrites and irons formed by preterrestrial impact between meteorites in space.
- The kitchen counter formed a right angle with the back wall.
- Examples of forming
- To the west, sedimentation is dictated by the Mississippi River and the input of siliciclastics into the NE GoM. Bottom sediments are dominated by quartz sand on the shelf forming the “MAFLA” (Mississippi-Alabama-Florida) Sand Sheet [25 , 26 ].
- The silty sediments were exposed subaerially and subject to soil-forming processes leading to paleosol formation in a well-drained floodplain as it is shown by mottled sediments, and calcareous nodules [ …]
- The degree of structural variation of telomeric G4-structures is high, as they are capable of forming tetramolecular, bimolecular, or unimolecular structures.
- Antennal bases enlarged, forming straight bidentate horns, tapered and pointed ventroapically.
Examples of form in a Sentence