flower ExamplesEN[ˈflaʊ.ə] [ˈflaʊ.ɚ] [-aʊ.ə(r)] [-aʊə(r)] [ˈfləʊə] [ˈfloʊɚ]
- Examples of flower
- A. There are almost as many places as plants, but most rebloomers are not cut back flower by flower.
- a noise rose on the air; odour rises from the flower
- Great belts of blue gentian hang like a zone on the mountain slopes; masses of yellow globe-flower star the upland pastures; nodding heads of soldanella lurk low among the rugged boulders by the glacier's side.
- The flower of chivalry and squiry. — Ld. Berbers.
- I plan to take math, physics, literature and flower arrangement this semester.
- The apartment is in the Flowerbox Building, a new doorman condominium on East Seventh Street named after the built-in, self-watering flower boxes that stand in contrast to the street’s dingier tenement walkups.
- I weeded my flower bed.
- Shut out the flower-time, / Sunbeam and shower-time; / Make way for our time, / The winter-tide.
- Xeranthemums have silvery flower heads with purplish tubular flowers.
- Examples of flowers
- I forgot to buy flowers for my wife at our 14th wedding anniversary.
- Flowers grew on the trees as summer approached.
- The flowers proliferated rapidly all spring.
- We had to rototill the garden before we planted the flowers.
- In Horai there is neither death nor pain; and there is no winter. The flowers in that place never fade, and the fruits never fail; and if man taste of those fruits even but once, he can never again feel thirst or hunger.
- However, the flowers of Petrocosmea are not only diandrous but also have a short corolla tube of only 3-6 mm as well as acaulescence.
- Smaller flowers such as chionodoxa are better under shrubs where they can create great pools of blue.
- We recorded plant associated ecto- and endophagous herbivores, their natural enemies and pollinators on and in each aboveground plant organ, i.e. flowers, fruits, leaves and stems.
- Examples of flowered
- Great jazz quartets have often flowered when a bandleading pianist finds a soulmate on sax: Monk and Charlie Rouse, for instance, or Brubeck and Paul Desmond.
- We read Izaak Walton for his tone, for his perfect attunement to the quiet streams and flowered meadows and bosky hills of the Thames valley long ago.
- The aesthetic of the house is prim and country, with white beadboard knee walls around the first floor and pale flowered wallpaper in the Shaker-style kitchen.
- Examples of flowering
- The versatile anther is an important step up in flowering plant evolution and it may be the most widespread of all simple anther types.
- To counter the heft of such big leaves, add dainty flowering plants like Yellow Waxbells (Kirengeshoma palmata) or the underused astrantia in red or maroon.
- You can also have a long bloom season by including fall-flowering plants like chrysanthemums, anemones, cimicifugas, fall-blooming crocuses and false crocuses (colchicums).
- It would be an injustice, however, to regard Pegasus as simply a late flowering of the Corinthian spirit, a throwback to an era of elite amateurism
- Dicotyledons and monocotyledons together make up the flowering plants, the angiosperms.
- The province abounds with vast forests of timber; the plains are covered with a surprising luxuriancy of vegetables, flowers, and flowering shrubs, diffusing the most delicious fragrance.
- Note - maid is often used in the common or species names of flowering plants.
- Millerandage is most commonly caused by cold or bad weather during the flowering stage of the vines. It impairs the quality of wine made from the grapes.
- Then there was no more cover, for they straggled out, not in ranks but clusters, from among orange trees and tall, flowering shrubs [ …] .
Examples of flower in a Sentence