flower ExamplesEN[ˈflaʊ.ə] [ˈflaʊ.ɚ] [-aʊ.ə(r)] [-aʊə(r)] [ˈfləʊə] [ˈfloʊɚ]
- Examples of flower
- The flower beds were white with grit from sand blasting the flagstone walkways.
- Walking in the meadow he is coming across a rare flower.
- Actually, competition may cause a shift in niche partitioning of plant resources (i.e., flower vs. leaf), which consequently affects the extraguild prey consumption.
- Unless their flag of a flower is waving, finding such plants is like finding a needle in a needlestack.
- Flight and flower-visiting activities rose from the beginning of supplementing nutrition, and declined until the postspawning stage.
- Carpels ca. 120 per flower; ovary 1.4–1.7 × ca. 0.3 mm, densely covered with golden-brown hairs; stigmas and pseudostyles flagellate, ca.8.5 mm long, L-shaped curved in the middle, yellowish in vivo, blackish when dry, glabrous, tip awl-shaped.
- Examples of flowers
- In both species the anthers show a shade more color than the petals. The flowers differ urther in the sepals, which in Canadeuse are more accuminate, and in the bractlets of the calyx, which are rather larger in flavum.
- I took a big piece of paper and then just painted flowers all over the place.
- blind buds; blind flowers
- After not picking up a shovel for twenty years, she finally saw the beauty in flowers and declared herself a born-again gardener.
- I wanted to grow my own cut flowers for the big day so three months earlier I broadcasted an annual seed mix across a few recently cleared borders.
- Flowers, stripes, and checks in the same fabric make for a busy pattern.
- Chaliced flowers. — Shakespeare.
- Vintage Wine looked even redder next to the orange and yellow daisylike flowers of Helenium Moerheim Beauty.
- Examples of flowered
- Great jazz quartets have often flowered when a bandleading pianist finds a soulmate on sax: Monk and Charlie Rouse, for instance, or Brubeck and Paul Desmond.
- We read Izaak Walton for his tone, for his perfect attunement to the quiet streams and flowered meadows and bosky hills of the Thames valley long ago.
- The aesthetic of the house is prim and country, with white beadboard knee walls around the first floor and pale flowered wallpaper in the Shaker-style kitchen.
- Examples of flowering
- The versatile anther is an important step up in flowering plant evolution and it may be the most widespread of all simple anther types.
- To counter the heft of such big leaves, add dainty flowering plants like Yellow Waxbells (Kirengeshoma palmata) or the underused astrantia in red or maroon.
- You can also have a long bloom season by including fall-flowering plants like chrysanthemums, anemones, cimicifugas, fall-blooming crocuses and false crocuses (colchicums).
- It would be an injustice, however, to regard Pegasus as simply a late flowering of the Corinthian spirit, a throwback to an era of elite amateurism
- Dicotyledons and monocotyledons together make up the flowering plants, the angiosperms.
- The province abounds with vast forests of timber; the plains are covered with a surprising luxuriancy of vegetables, flowers, and flowering shrubs, diffusing the most delicious fragrance.
- Note - maid is often used in the common or species names of flowering plants.
- Millerandage is most commonly caused by cold or bad weather during the flowering stage of the vines. It impairs the quality of wine made from the grapes.
- Then there was no more cover, for they straggled out, not in ranks but clusters, from among orange trees and tall, flowering shrubs [ …] .
Examples of flower in a Sentence