- Examples of cause
- an antecedent cause
- It was unlikely [ … ] , but if he had torn his aorta, anticoagulation could cause the patient to bleed to death.
- Because an antisiphon device has no role to play in these guns, they do not inspire modification, though their cylinders too can cause accidents.
- And most neurologists are in the habit of prescribing antispasticity drugs like tizanidine and baclofen, which are oral and inexpensive, but which cause drowsiness and weaken every muscle in the body, not just the target ones.
- A new book defending vaccines, written by a doctor infuriated at the claim that they cause autism, is galvanizing a backlash against the antivaccine movement in the United States.
- “[…] if you call my duds a ‘livery’ again there'll be trouble. It's bad enough to go around togged out like a life saver on a drill day, but I can stand that 'cause I'm paid for it. What I won't stand is to have them togs called a livery. […]”
- Blackburn's cause was not helped when Morten Gamst Pedersen and Gael Givet collided going for the same ball, both players emerging blooded and dazed but otherwise unharmed.
- Examples of causes
- The snowmelt causes the river to flood.
- The phonetic laws always work without the consciousness of the speech community in which they act ; they are due wholly to physiological causes acting unknown to the will of the individual speaker.
- Rose bushes can carry an organism that causes sporotrichosis, a fungal infection .
- The figure of a man heaving in sight amidst these wide solitudes, always causes a startle and thrill of expectation and doubt, similar to the feeling produced by the announcement of " a strange sail ahead" on shipboard, during a long voyage.
- God was now nothing more than a distant cause of causes; what mattered was matter, and man acting in nature. The theodicy, the master-narrative, had become secularized.
- "The main message is that it's the interface between individuals and society that causes students who identify as gay, lesbian, or bisexual the most distress," said study first author Yue Zhao.
- to investigate the causes of natural phenomena
- Src42A myri has a point mutation in codon 2, which causes an amino acid substitution from Gly 2 to Asp. Gly 2 is conserved in all members of the Src family and must be myristylated for localization of Src to the cellular membrane in mammals (10 ).
- Examples of caused
- [ … ] the city would allow a self-taxing fund in certain areas to guarantee the value of homes against depreciation caused by such things as resegregation.
- The discomfort caused by the bat's reverberation surprised Tommy.
- The minor accident caused a traffic jam as rubberneckers slowed down to get a good view of the battered cars.
- When their behaviour was made public it caused a great scandal.
- The steepness of the hill caused the accident.
- The diaphragmatic spasm of his hiccup caused his epiglottis to painfully stopper his windpipe with a loud "hic".
- Overt subterfuge in a region nearly caused a minor accident.
- The old song caused a little sway in everyone in the room.
- Everton took that disputed lead in a moment that caused anger to sweep around the Emirates.
- Examples of causing
- Furthermore, this increase in risk is comparable to the risk of death from leukemia after long-term exposure to benzene, another solvent, which has the well-known property of causing this type of cancer.
- He corked his bat, which was discovered when it broke, causing a controversy.
- Tremendous magmic pressure built up beneath the earth causing a volcanic eruption.
- Leaders of the new study said the most telling results were that the bacterium causing sexually transmitted syphilis arose relatively recently in humans and was closely related to a strain responsible for the nonvenereal infection known as yaws.
- The Gulf of Thailand became more overfished than ever, causing acrimonious conflicts between domestic artisanal and large-scale fishers.
- Lack of sleep is causing Dave's recent petulant behavior.
- “Other coals are rashy, being interspersed or interbedded with shales and clays, causing them to come off the face in slabs and blocks....”
- Dark rims around the pillows are caused by glaucophane enrichment, possibly a relict of a primary interaction between basalt and seawater, causing Na- enrichment in the original glass crust of the pillows.
- It would have slid easily across the floor if not for the ruffled undersurface causing friction.
Examples of causing in a Sentence