- Examples of cause
- Whatever the cause there are many recorded instances of persons suffering from ailurophobia exhibiting symptoms of distress in rooms which apparently contained no cats; later cats would be discovered, hidden behind curtains or in closets.
- It is preferable to anæsthetize in an adjoining room, or to cause all but the anæsthetist and one assistant to leave the room until the patient is thoroughly under the influence of the anæsthetic.
- Angioedema of the throat can cause suffocation and should be treated as a medical emergency.
- This message not only provides educated European Muslims with a political cause but is also pushed with considerable success at such international leftist jamborees as the World Social Forum, where the world’s antiglobalists meet.
- He’s got a point; the same qualities that make Exxon Mobil the world’s best producer of oil and gas also cause it to be a terrible articulator of its own message.
- Properties can marked as obsolete with an attribute, which will cause the compiler to generate a warning if they are used.
- The judge made avizandum with the cause.
- I beg your pardon. I didn't mean to cause offence.
- Examples of causes
- predisponent causes of an illness
- Depression causes many people to top themselves.
- He was a contemplative, rather stout gentleman, of excellent digestion--of quiet perceptions, undiseased by hypothesis, happy in his inability to know the causes of things, preferring the things themselves.
- An unhealthful diet and lack of exercise are common causes for heart disease.
- We are not not going to discuss the causes which have induced the Vectesian agriculturalists to arrive at this conclusion; [ …]
- Giardia causes villous blunting.
- That's the sort of woolly thinking that causes wars to start.
- That's the sort of wooly thinking that causes wars to start.
- As the planet orbits the star, it causes a wobble in the star's motion, which can be detected as a small but observably large Doppler effect.
- Examples of caused
- The heated surface caused the air to convect.
- Water damage caused the plywood of the floor to delaminate. The layers came apart and the whole piece had to be replaced.
- Even though it caused much controversy, Mayor Daley was eventually lauded as a hero for his decision to depave Lake Shore Drive.
- The heavy rain caused the roof to fall in.
- She kicked the ball up, which is to say, she kicked and in that way caused the ball to move upwards.
- Rust caused the engine to seize, never to run again.
- Of all the problems which lie on the borderline of philosophy and science, perhaps none has caused more spilled ink, more controversy, and more emotion than "the problem of the direction of time.
- The channel straitened the river through the town, made it flow faster, and caused more flooding upstream.
- During hot and dry summers many fires in forests are caused by regardlessly discarded cigarette butts.
- Examples of causing
- Zebra mussels are causing significant problems as an invasive species in North America.
- The beams supporting the roof had rotted, causing the entire house to fall down.
- Despite this risk, little has happened in the six months since Frankfurt cut interest rates causing one to wonder how different Draghi is from his predecessor.
- Biofilms can also lead to biocorrosion of drinking water pipes or industrial facilities [5 ] and contamination in food processing plants, causing food spoilage [6 , 7 ].
- There is an intradural extra-medullary mass with an extraspinal component at C7-D2 level causing cord compression and there is a paraspinal component at this level which shows some degree of enhancement.
- Both of isodisomy and heterodisomy can cause genome imprinting disorders, but only uniparental isodisomy can cause recessive disorders if the chromosome harbors a disease-causing mutation.
- It has also been evidenced in placental epithelium, where it replicates (especially within intraplacental inflammatory infiltrates) without causing any specific histological lesions.
- The switch triggers a microfurnace to heat up a strip of plastic which breaks after two seconds causing a clip to open; this releases a compressed spring which starts the delivery.
Examples of causing in a Sentence