bright ExamplesEN[bɹaɪt] [-aɪt]
- Examples of bright
- Her smile was gleamingly bright.
- She was a bright and industrious student, smarter than many of her classmates, leastaways.
- After hours spent in the mine, the sunlight was stabbingly bright.
- He found her walking slowly up and down an allee of elms, through the leaves of which the bright September sunshine sifted down.
- Off comes the bright red jacket with built-in armguards.
- The most distinctive physical attribute of the space is the bright red metal sculpture that resembles one of Claes Oldenburg's oversized clothespins, only slightly deconstructed. The artwork may be enjoyed on its own terms, but ...
- In the scrubby woods that cover most of the Yucatan, suboscines such as the masked tityra, the bright-rumped attila, and the boat-billed flycatcher are all common.
- Examples of brights
- Brights constitute 60% of American scientists, and a stunning 93% of those scientists good enough to be elected to the elite National Academy of Sciences (equivalent to Fellows of the Royal Society) are brights.
- Your brights are on.
- Examples of brighter
- Brighter than the sun, and indeficient as the light of heaven. — Jeremy Taylor.
- The Conrad in Miami has closed its Noir Bar, which had a South Beach, nightclublike atmosphere, and is replacing it with a brighter, lighter bar.
- Six successive defeats had left them rooted to the bottom of the Premier League table but, clearly under instructions to attack from the outset, Bolton started far the brighter.
- More conical backbores give a richer tone, while more cylindrical ones give a brighter, more projected tone.
- The white paint on the walls helps make the room look brighter.
- When preparing to tell stories at a campfire, I like to set aside a pile of pine logs with lots of knots, since they burn brighter and make dramatic pops and cracks.
- We will ornament the windows with trim to make the room seem brighter.
- in this species, the midlegs are brighter than the forelegs and hindlegs
- Examples of brightest
- A smile [ …] breaks out with the brightest distriction. — Collier.
- Many of the lumberjacking memories have faded to black and white, the brightest moments colored mostly by Jim McKay’s yellow blazer.
Examples of bright in a Sentence