auntEN[ɑ(ː)nt] [-ɑːnt] [ænt] [-ænt] [ɒnt] [ɔnt] [eɪnt]
- Examples of aunt
- Her aunt's husband or her grandfather brings a head scratcher. "If the maid scratched her hair or body with her fingers during these days of observance, her hair would fall out."
- My aunt considered all of Europe to be heathendom, and refused to visit us in Amsterdam on religious grounds.
- Although my uncle likes to travel, my aunt is a homebody, so he usually comes with us while she stays home with her cats.
- I went to pay my last respects to my aunt, who has cancer.
- I forgot to sign that letter to my aunt.
- Examples of aunts
- Uncles, aunts, cousins, nephews and nieces are collateral relatives.
- Nowadays there are all kinds of potential parentals besides parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, step-parents, in-laws, older siblings and cousins, and those in civil unions.
- No-one can find Bertie Wooster when his aunts come to visit.
- Her favorite Chanukah memories were of eating latkes and sour cream while her mother gossiped with the aunts and cousins.
- The two aunts laughed heartily , too, for Gabriel's solicitude was a standing joke with them. - "The Dead", by James Joyce
- I found that aunting, or the care and nurture of children by aunts and great-aunts, is gendered and invisible work that, at the most basic level, salvages children’s lives.
Examples of aunt in a Sentence