auntEN[ɑ(ː)nt] [-ɑːnt] [ænt] [-ænt] [ɒnt] [ɔnt] [eɪnt]
- Examples of aunt
- Your borderline remarks about my aunt's dress destroyed my evening.
- A half uncle or half aunt or half cousin
- Aunt Daisy didn't take it kindly when we forgot her anniversary.
- Aunt Bessy's Easter ham is always lip-smacking good.
- My aunt used to say, "One day is just like the other."
- My old fussbudget aunt had a very preachy manner and would prattle on about the dangers of alcohol and other vices.
- Examples of aunts
- Uncles, aunts, cousins, nephews and nieces are collateral relatives.
- Nowadays there are all kinds of potential parentals besides parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, step-parents, in-laws, older siblings and cousins, and those in civil unions.
- No-one can find Bertie Wooster when his aunts come to visit.
- Her favorite Chanukah memories were of eating latkes and sour cream while her mother gossiped with the aunts and cousins.
- The two aunts laughed heartily , too, for Gabriel's solicitude was a standing joke with them. - "The Dead", by James Joyce
- I found that aunting, or the care and nurture of children by aunts and great-aunts, is gendered and invisible work that, at the most basic level, salvages children’s lives.
Examples of aunt in a Sentence