appearance ExamplesEN[əˈpɪəɹəns] [əˈpɪɹəns]
- Examples of appearance
- The midcampaign staff review underscores the difficulties Mr. McCain is having in trying to build his Republican presidential campaign around his crusades for tighter ethics rules and pledges to avoid even the appearance of conflicts of interest.
- The physical appearance of a candidate is a minor factor in recruitment.
- The modernistic architecture was both ugly and unfunctional, in spite of its futuristic appearance.
- The monobrowed girl was frequently teased at school for her unusual appearance.
- “No regrouping, we’re just chugging along,” said closer Jonathan Papelbon, whose only appearance in the Yankees series was in a nonsave situation.
- His sudden appearance at the office caught her completely off guard.
- The snapshot was overexposed, giving its subjects a too-bright, washed out appearance.
- The sky had a peculiar appearance before the storm.
- Despite their petlike appearance, miniature horses do more than just look cute.
- Examples of appearances
- Various appearances from which the Moon's montuosity is argued.
- Some also complain that it has lost its value since the competition has been so dominated by Mr. Sturr, a slick nontraditionalist whose albums feature guest appearances by the likes of Willie Nelson .
- to preserve appearances; to preserve silence
- For my father's sake, I thought I must keep up appearances, but the food stuck in my throat, and I could not swallow another mouthful.
- With tact and management it would be possible to partially satisfy creditors, and keep up appearances for six months more.
- Despite appearances, the firm was teetering on the edge of bankruptcy.
- In her relationships with the Montefeltro and Borgia, Isabella continued to ensure that double-handedness was not exposed, presenting diverse appearances of reality to different audiences to preserve alliance.
Examples of appearance in a Sentence
- en appearances