- Examples of alternative
- The U.K. government is dusting off an alternative plan to site the center at a military outfit such as Porton Down.
- She shall commence doing the alternative thang soon.
- We have to get people out of their cars and encourage them to use alternative forms of transportation.
- They recommend a vibrator because it's a safe alternative to sex.
- "Our live stream is available in all territories excluding those listed below, but you can watch the game courtesy of these alternative broadcasters."
- If you think you can suggest a better alternative to spending that much money, I am all ears.
- The committee has been exploring alternative solutions to the problem at hand.
- He provides us with an alternative option.
- In an article published in 2008 [Gérard] Mourou proposed an alternative means of achieving atomic fusion. He now believes that fibre lasers could be used to transmute elements, as a way of disposing of highly radioactive waste from nuclear power stations.
- Examples of alternatives
- An evidentialist variant would require the agent be responsive to a telling evidential basis for thinking that p obtains in contrast to the alternatives.
- With business-class seats on nonstops from British Airways and Cathay Pacific often priced up to $8,000 round trip, Mr. Exton typically flew cheaper alternatives that saved money but required layovers and plane switches.
- My own use of this fundamental principle will be relatively modest: I am not attempting to argue for physicalism over dispositionalism or other alternatives, but only to show that if one is to be a color physicalist, one should tie colors to events.
- You can also use a metasearch site like Kayak.com to get a snapshot of available flight alternatives.
- Even though some participants think adobe houses are more beautiful and safe than bahareque constructions, others have chosen bricks and cement as alternatives to reinforce or extend their basic constructions.
- Some alternatives, notably constraint-preconditioned or projected Krylov methods, are relatively efficient, but they can suffer from numerical instability and even nonconvergence.
- Therapeutic agents that concurrently inhibit epidermal growth factor receptor and other angiokinases could be useful alternatives to combination therapies for epidermal growth factor receptor-dependent cancers.
Examples of alternative in a Sentence