acrossEN[əˈkɹɒs] [əˈkɹɔs] [əˈkɹɔst] [əˈkɹɑs] [-ɒs] [-ɔːs]
- Examples of across
- From every schooner, dories were being dropped into the shining, clear water. The sound of voices and the splashes of oars carried across the sea.
- I haven't solved 12 or 13 across, but I've got most of the downs.
- [A]lready the gate was blocked with a wall of squared stones laid dry, but very thick and very high, across the opening.
- The accident left the contents of a flatbed trailer scattered across all three lanes.
- The toy moved across the floor with flealike hops.
- Examples of acrosses
- I solved all of the acrosses, but then got stuck on 3 down.
Examples of across in a Sentence