able ExamplesEN[ˈeɪ.bl̩] [-eɪbəl]
- Examples of able
- He got boxed in amongst four African runners in the back straight of the last lap, and was only able to get out into the clear coming into the home straight.
- The club was full of eager young hotheads who never seemed to be able to agree on anything.
- Longer forks make the bike more cumbersome, but you will be able to huck off of more stuff.
- He had the wild idea that if he leant forward a little, he might be able to touch the mountain-top.
- The broken bones were able to heal thanks to the immobilization of her leg in a cast.
- I'm not able to exercise influence over him.
- Lord Henry Wotton could just catch the gleam of the honey-sweet and honey-coloured blossoms of a laburnum, whose tremulous branches seemed hardly able to bear the burden of a beauty so flame-like as theirs[.]
- Examples of ablest
- as he approaches to the character of the ablest statesman.
Examples of able in a Sentence