United StatesEN[juːˌnaɪtɪd ˈsteɪts] [jʊˌnaɪtɪd ˈsteɪts] [juˌnaɪtɪd ˈsteɪts] [juˌnaɪ̯ɾɪ̈d ˈsteɪ̯ts] [jɪ̈ˌnaɪ̯ɾɪ̈d ˈsteɪ̯ts]
- Examples of the United States
- Empire of the Sun was an enormous literary and commercial success in Britain but pretty much bit the Big One on its own in the United States.
- President Bush laid out the scenario we face if the United States decides to cut and run.
- I don't know who the twenty-first president of the United States was, but it should be very easy to find out.
- But used starters and alternators are still remanufactured in the United States, reusing the costly copper wiring in each device and selling them in the $1.5 billion market for replacement starters and alternators.
- He imports Cuban cigars to the United States, which is illegal but profitable.
- All the best hydrographers, both of this country and of the United States, agree in the conclusion that the Florida Current dies out in the mid-Atlantic, losing all the attributes by which it had been previously distinguished— [ …]
Examples of United States in a Sentence