- Something wound in the form of a helix or spiral.
- Any intra-uterine contraceptive device (Abbreviation: IUD)—the first IUDs were coil-shaped.
- (electrical) A coil of electrically conductive wire through which electricity can flow.
- (figuratively) Entanglement; perplexity.
- (now obsolete except in phrases) A noise, tumult, bustle, or turmoil.
- To wind or reel e.g. a wire or rope into regular rings, often around a centerpiece.
- To wind into loops (roughly) around a common center.
- To wind cylindrically or spirally.
- (obsolete, rare) To encircle and hold with, or as if with, coils.
Word of the day
Picture of the day
Sentence of the day
- Maria told me her and Jake were sex-texting and he texted her a picture of his big dick!