- (uncountable) A mixture of lime or cement, sand and water used for bonding building blocks.
- (countable, military) A muzzle-loading, indirect fire weapon with a tube length of 10 to 20 calibers and designed to lob shells at very steep trajectories.
- (countable) A hollow vessel used to pound, crush, rub, grind or mix ingredients with a pestle.
- To use mortar or plaster to join two things together.
- To fire a mortar (weapon).
Word of the day
Picture of the day
Sentence of the day
- The damage that he did to his car was to the tune of two grand.