- A very tall iron-framed structure, usually painted red and white, on which microwave, satellite, or other communication antennas are installed; radio tower.
- A similarly framed structure with a platform or enclosed area on top, used as a lookout for spotting fires, plane crashes, fugitives, etc.
- A water tower.
- A control tower.
- Any very tall building or structure; skyscraper.
- (figuratively) Any item, such as a computer case, that is usually higher than it is wide.
- (informal) An interlocking tower.
- (figuratively) A strong refuge; a defence.
- (historical) A tall fashionable headdress.
- (obsolete) High flight; elevation.
- The sixteenth trump or Major Arcana card in many Tarot decks, deemed an ill omen.
- One who tows.
- (intransitive) To be very tall.
- (intransitive) To be high or lofty; to soar.
- (obsolete, transitive) To soar into.
Word of the day
Picture of the day
Sentence of the day
- A weddingless marriage