- Any small anadromous fish of the family Osmeridae, found in the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans and in lakes in North America and northern part of Europe.
- (obsolete) A fool; a simpleton.
- Production of metal, especially iron, from ore in a process that involves melting and chemical reduction of metal compounds into purified metal.
- Any of the various liquids or semi-molten solids produced and used during the course of such production.
- simple past tense and past participle of smell.
- to fuse or melt two things into one, especially in order to extract metal from ore; to meld.
Word of the day
Picture of the day
Sentence of the day
- 1529. John Imrie, The Burgh Court book of Selkirk: 1503-: And, failȝeand herof that thair be nocht sameikyll contenit in that croft, to pay...