- (obsolete) A resident of a city or town, particularly.
- A legally-recognized member of a state, with associated rights and obligations; a person considered in terms of this role, particularly.
- An inhabitant: a member of any place.
- A private citizen: a civilian, as opposed to a police officer, professional soldier, or other (usually state) group.
- (computing) An object.
Word of the day
Picture of the day
Sentence of the day
- We rely primarily on the Foundational Model of Anatomy for anatomical terms because of its deep coverage, principled organization, and mereotopological detail.